- Scotia was to sail to the Antarctic Peninsula and was expected to reach 82°S by sea.
- A shore party of four scientists and two workmen were to over-winter on the peninsula.
- Sledge journeys were to be made into the interior in the spring.
- Scotia was to trawl and dredge in the area of South Georgia and then return to the Falkland Islands or Buenos Aires for a refit.
- The following summer they were to explore the coastline of Antarctica.
- Magnetic, meteorological and biological surveys were to be made.
Previous Contents Next