This building replaced an earlier kirk by the side of Loch Leven.
It was built in 1729 and has a plain, T-shaped structure. The ornate
bell-cote (at the far end) dates from the 17th century and was salvaged
from the old kirk.
There are more than 900 parishes in Scotland, each with its parish
kirk. Divisions involving many sects and denominations meant that,
by the late 19th century, most parishes had additional churches
or other meeting places.
The area in front of the kirk is used as a graveyard. The parish
minister was supplied with a house (the manse), an area of farm
land (the glebe) and associated buildings (the glebe steading).