The secretaire and commode were bought by two different dealers
at the 1882 Hamilton Palace sale, but were reunited by Sir Joseph
Duveen, who sold them to the famous American financier J Pierpont
Morgan in 1899. They were purchased by Henry Clay Frick in 1915
and are among the first things one sees when walking round the Frick
Collection in New York.