"St Magnus Cathedral and the Lammas Fair" by Tom Scott - SMC184

This is a picture of St Magnus Cathedral and the Lammas Fair. It shows the old spire and clock. The artist is Tom Scott and it was painted in 1900.

Tom Scott RSA, 1854-1927, was a watercolourist from the Scottish Borders. This painting has been used as the cover picture for the reprint of Buckham Hugh Hossack's "Kirkwall in the Orkneys".

This painting is owned by Tankerness House Museum but is not currently on display.

Welcome | Contact Us | Links