1926 Organ - SMC175
1926, during the restoration of St Magnus Cathedral, an organ
was installed. The organ was built by Henry Willis and Sons
Ltd. It had three manual department and a pedal department,
and in total 34 speaking tops and 17 couplers.
The pipework of the organ was concealed within a decorative
organ screen, designed by George Mackie Watson, and was operated
from a console in the south choir aisle.
By 1969 the condition of the organ had deteriorated through
43 years of use. The organ was rebuilt and replaced between
1970 and 1971.