north transept chapel - SMC140
the episcopate of Bishop Bjarni Kolbeinsson, 1188 to 1223,
many design changes were introduced to St Magnus Cathedral.
These design changes included the construction of enlarged,
vaulted transept chapels. This is the north transept chapel.
It is possible that the new transept chapels were constructed
because the old ones were too small. The new chapels may have
been based on similar rectangular chapels at Nidaros Cathedral,
Today the north transept chapel is the minister's vestry and
is also used to store various items.