The Communion Chalices - SMC027
There are four 17th century silver chalices in St Magnus Cathedral. They were acquired for the use of the congregation.

The two more decorative chalices were presented by Bishop George Graham in the early seventeenth century. In 1698, Rev. Wallace left 100 merks for the use of the church. This money was used to purchase two communion chalices which were engraved with Wallace's name.

These chalices were used by the congregation in Holy Communion. The two decorative chalices are not on show.

Welcome | Contact Us | Links