Visit of Queen Elizabeth the Second and the Duke of Edinburgh"
by Stanley Cursiter - SMC186
is a painting of the west end of St Magnus Cathedral during
the first Royal visit by Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of
Edinburgh in 1961. The artist is Stanley Cursiter.
Stanley Cursiter, 1887-1976, was the Queen's Painter and Limner
for Scotland and a member of the Royal Scottish Academy. He
was a native of Kirkwall and he used the Cathedral as a subject
for his painting.
The painting is owned by Tankerness House Museum and is on
display in Kirkwall Library.